The North West City Region located in the North West of Ireland is the fourth largest urban agglomeration on the island of Ireland. It is uniquely places as a region which has access to both the EU and UK markets, with a a total market opportunity of 514 million people.
The region has the fourth largest population centre on the island of Ireland with 350,000 residents. Since inception in 2016 the North West Strategic Growth Partnership* has helped to establish and deliver a number of strategic growth initiatives and highlight the business and investment opportunities of the region.
Why Invest in the North West City Region?
- Strategic border location – Access to both EU & UK markets.
- Talent – Highly skilled and educated labour pool and talent pipeline.
- Digital Connectivity – Directly connected to America and Europe through high-capacity fibre optic cables.
- Established Location – Dynamic Existing Clusters in Fintech, Medtech & Engineering.
- R&D – State of the art Research and Innovation Hubs through third-level institutes and private sector organisations..
- Leaders in the area of Remote and Hybrid working.